Facts about AANI
- AANI works in partnership with Northern Ireland Ambulance Service who provide our medical crew, medicines and equipment.
- We operate seven days a week, 12 hours per day.
- We have one operational helicopter and one back up helicopter, as well as a rapid response vehicle.
- It takes £2.5 million each year to sustain this service.
- Our operational base is located just outside Lisburn, Co. Antrim.
- When we are tasked it takes a maximum of 5 minutes to be airborne.
- Our callsign is: Helimed23.
- Our helicopters and highly skilled pilots are provided by Sloane Helicopters Ltd and our contract also covers maintenance and engineering support.
- We rely on volunteers to help us. To get involved please visit our volunteer page to sign up.