Ways to Support Air Ambulance NI Safely
Our medics can only fly with your support, and right now, we need your help, more than ever! Our fundraising has been severely impacted by the health pandemic but our service continues to be active across the region for you and your loved ones.
Become a Club AANI Member
Join over 800 people who think it’s worthwhile supporting Air Ambulance NI through a monthly donation via your payroll giving, direct debit or an annual subscription.
For just £8 per month donation, you will not only be part of the journey of sustainability for this service but also receive a unique welcome pack including a gold pin badge, notebook and car sticker, as well as updates from the charity and a visit to the operational helicopter base.
Giving in Celebration
AANI provides charity wedding favours for your guests as a meaningful way to say thank you. The cards are a suggested donation of £1 and if you would like a pin badge for each guest this is an additional £1. To discuss and order, please contact us here or call 028 9262 2677.
Set up a Virtual Collection
Set up a JustGiving online donation page (or we can do it for you!) and promote this to your friends, family or local sports club – a simple whip round (online); and the funds come direct to the charity.
Fundraise at Home
Virtual Come Dine With Me
Everyone is given the same recipe and zoom link – all have a go at recreating in your own homes and sit down to enjoy the created meal together virtually – show your plates and vote on your favourite. You could include a prize for top scoring plate of food. Then simply donate what you would have paid for dinner out at a restaurant!
No hairdresser no hassle? Be brave and shave it off – with friends and family sponsoring you. You could even live stream the head shave!
Cocktail Making Evening
Find out that colleague who loves to make cocktails and ask them to host a zoom cocktail evening. Circulate the recipes and ingredients needed in advance and have fun! Set donation to Air Ambulance for participation.
Air Ambulance Cake Bake Off
Run a competition to bake the best Air Ambulance cake – it could have our logo in icing, be helicopter shaped, red coloured – let your imagination and taste buds run wild! Enter photos of each cake and the winner wins a small prize! Each participant makes a donation to take part.
Do what you love as an on-line event – it could be an on-line quiz using Facebook live; a music gig on livestream; livestream knitting, cookery demonstrations or livestream exercise sessions. You can set up a donate button on Facebook or a JustGiving page for the donations to be transferred to our charity.
Fundraise in your Community or Workplace
Get Physical – Walk, Run, Cycle, Skip…
If you’ve been using more time at home to get fit, why not consider organising a walk, run or cycle for you and the family. It could be 5,500steps per day, or try a physical challenge for 25 minutes every day – that’s the length of time the Air Ambulance can get to the furthest part of NI!
Raffle a Day Off Work!
Now who wouldn’t want that! Set up an entry fee via JustGiving to take part and the big boss draws out the winning ticket!
Social Distance Events
Some events are still safe to do as long as they follow all social distancing guidelines.
- Social Distance Cycling Fundraising Events
- Social Distance Motorbike Runs
- Social Distance Tractor Runs
- Small groups or Family social distance walks / runs at home, in the garden or in parks
More Workplace Fundraising Ideas
- Dress down days or dress in red days using JustGiving links instead of the usual whip round for donations.
- Organise your own raffle with JustGiving donations.
- A virtual coffee morning using Zoom and on-line donations.
- Organise 5k a day for your workplace over one month or a timeframe to suit you. We can help with materials to track this if needed.
- Weightloss competition with weekly weigh in on ‘Teams’ or ‘Zoom’.
- Working from home? Why not consider donations from money saved ‘Donate your Commute’ from travel to and from work; lunches and coffees.
Raise awareness amongst your friends, family, community and workplace
Please follow, like and share on our social media handles.
We love when supporters are able to promote what they are doing and why. We can help with this:
- We can draft press release for your local paper
- Provide our logo for your promotional poster or facebook / web banner
- Provide a ‘virtual tour’ around our base
- Send you Air Ambulance NI video footage to be played on your social media or to raise awareness.